Dani Spinosa, OO:


Hart Broudy, 2020.

In my first blog/entry I said I'd be sharing existing works of visual poets whose texts I'd hijacked and .gif animated between 2017 and now. However, I recently had the pleasure of losing myself in Dani Spinosa's OO: Typewriter Poems, (published by Invisible Publishing) and I fell for her amazing riff on Hart Broudy... and so this week's post is fresh off the .gif-presses!

I was intrigued by the premise of OO:, a project based in creative theft, it engages in an amazing conversation with work of the past, present and here, in this immediate moment, the future (which is oddly now already the present again right?). It is a lovely reminder of the fact that much cultural production is an ongoing conversation that in some ways has no end....how could I resist?

If you'd like to view the animation in full-browser size please click HERE.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Decides the Land is Sacred?

Laura Kerr